Wind through a beautiful forest and rolling hills to the summit of Maise's Peak for panoramic views of the surrounding open spaces.
blue elderberry, coyote brush, and monkeyflower
The preserve is named after Fremont Older, a newspaper editor who lived there with his wife Cora for 60 years. Their home, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, still stands but is not open to the public. Maisie’s Peak is named for Maisie Garrod, who purchased the property with her brother R.V. Garrod in 1910 and used the land for orchards, hay, and pasture. In 1980, Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District purchased the land, which now offers a variety of trails for hikers, bicyclists, and equestrians.